Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Daze

It's hard to believe another whole school year has gone by. I swear the days rush past at lightening speed.

And yet, somehow, I never change, cough, cough....

Nope. I'm still the madcap goofy girl I've always been. Still trying to learn it all, do it all, have it all and then give it all away!?

Italian is coming along very nicely (multo bene!). Instead of singing out loud to all my country music faves on the car CD player, now I'm following the cues on the language tapes so I can 1.) be polite in a third language, 2.) get around town, and
3.) cafe klatch with the best of them once in Roma.

My trip to Michigan (yes, the very place I vowed I would never go again only a couple short months ago when it tried so hard to kill me!) is overbooked and underfinanced but go I shall and, once there, will do it up brown. This is touted as a "Celebrate Olivia" tour but of course ALL the grandchildren will be celebrated in turn and together as a crew.

My crew. In my crib. Good Daughter Amy has worked up a schedule wherein each and every child will have at least one night at the motel with Grandma. That comes with attendant restaurant foods most loved by the kids and a shopping spree of course.

What's a Grandma without a flashing debit card, I ask you??

Olivia will get special treatment this time to celebrate her graduation to middle school. On Saturday we'll be skipping town with her two best friends and heading for an amusement/water park on the west coast of MI for two days of Big Fun.
I am not a rider of anything that goes fast, upside down, or twirls so the girls will do the rides with oversight only on my part. I'll park myself on a nice bench under a tree in proximity to a cotton candy stand and they'll check in at appointed times to share their tales have food/drink with me.

There's a lazy river in the waterpark section so the girls'll know where to find me floating placidly on what I hope will be a sunny day in Muskegon!!

Ergo, the school year will end with a bang for Miss Olivia. Everyone else will ease into the summer a little more subtly but with just as much enthusiasm.

Including the Widow Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment