Sunday, September 27, 2009

I am Woman

Is there anyone anywhere who takes greater delight in the little things than I?

I can set my own alarm clock! How 'bout that??

AND I finally figured out how to set the radio stations I want on the car stereo.

Those seem like minor coups, I bet, to you but to me... it's like climbing Mt. Everest!

Each little thing I do for myself that had been Tom's job over the last ten years makes me proud, however out of proportion it might seem.

I can clean the vacuum dust bin, start the dishwasher, put Merlin in and take him out of the pool. I can use the broiler successfully and clean the lanai doorwalls without leaving streaks.

I can make the airport run!

I can do the laundry. And program the DVR. I can log on and off the laptop as well as the PC.

I can pay the bills, make appointments, and carry out the garbage for pick-up at the curb.

I can bring the car in for regular maintenance, do the marketing and decide on menus.

I can spend the day alone.

And the night.

Yeah... hooray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Those who take delight in small things will always have opportunities to rejoice...

    ReplyDelete