Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tabasco

My daughter Suzy lives here on Bounty with me, her longtime boyfriend(so long, in fact that he's far far away from being a whatchacallit "boy"!)Thom, and his Siberian husky Tabasco.

Tabasco is in his 15th year.

That is very old for a big dog of his type.

It's time to kiss him goodbye and send him off to doggie heaven but that is just so hard to contemplate let alone DO.

He's in constant pain, poor fella. He's lost control of more than one part of his body. And his whimpering would break your heart.

I know it does mine.

I will hate to see him go but will be so glad when he's gone on to his reward!

What do you think Doggie Heaven looks like?? I can't imagine - but I know it will have a spot ready and waiting for our good boy whenever we get up the guts to let him go.

I hope that's soon. This hurts us all too much.

3 comments:

  1. Well, he can be with zeke in doggy heaven. I'm sure it involves, chasing squirrels, birds, and lots of treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pet is a gift every day; sometimes I think the best gift we can give in return is to say goodbye...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two universes mosey down the street
    Connected by love and a leash and nothing else.


    Unforgettable opening of Walking the Dog by Howard Nemerov.
    Tabasco as described is past all that I gather...
    And I hear talk of Doggie heaven... Heaven you say?
    Tabasco will spend exactly 2 hours 42 minutes 17 seconds in the Antechamber of Souls for processing...
    Huge backlog round that event horizon... Then, shooossshhh!, a burgeoning seed in the womb of Binti, walking round that square in Mumbai... And, who knows? the next...

    ReplyDelete