Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Exotic Valentine

Would you believe that my very first dream including Tom post ipso facto was e"X"otic?

Well, it was.

How funny. Why 'funny' you ask? I will tell you in as delicate terms as I am able.

We had a houseful of people: our daughter Amy was there and was teaching again; our three grandsons plus my nephews Zachary and Daniel also figured prominently as did a neighbor boy of unknown origin but who was bigger and taller than our own Daniel who, himself at 12, could pass for 14 or 15 size-wise.

Tom and I had been separated awhile (now there's an understatement!) and finally managed to be alone in our bedroom. We were both exhausted but he reached over for me and made it clear he was ready to play.

There was fumbling and bumbling over buttons and other vagaries of lingerie but we had managed to progress to the getting serious part when we both realized our door was open with six young boys AND a daughter only a stone's throw away.

I, being the one still somewhat if not Amishly covered, got up to close the door and then all hell broke loose. Amy's underwear - which I noted in my dream was significantly more Victoria's Secret and less Joe Boxer than it once had been - had erroneously been placed folded neatly in my doorjamb and she, seeing me moving it to outside my space, took the opportunity to come in and chat with me about her plans for school after the weekend funfest was over and she returned to Real Life.

Suddenly all six boys tumbled in the room providing comic relief from the fact that Tom and all his manliness barely had time to execute appropriate coverage in the midst of the unexpected room-stuff!

The boys had decided to have a wrestling competition the next day involving everyone of their acquaintance!? I gave them the time out signal and explained that, while that was a great idea, it required forethought and planning because you needed match-ups by weight and that would take some time to figure out so, "Back to bed!" I ordered while simultaneously pointing them out of the room and shuffling Amy toward the door too.

Tom, from under the sheet, held up a glass of water and asked for ice, "Quickly!" if I would... his way of saying , "Come on, come on, come on!" just like the romantic devil he always was.

And then I woke up. Bummer. I missed the best part!?

Or did I...?

All in all I'd say my Valentine's Day started pretty auspiciously especially given our new perameters of time and space.

1 comment:

  1. He reached out to you from above, because even amongst the angels, a man has needs. :) And so do us women!

    ReplyDelete