Monday, April 13, 2009

Carpe(t) Diem!

There's joy in Mudville! The carpet guy is here taking out the old and laying the new.

I really can't comprehend how we, as four then three adults, could have made such an unholy mess of the family room rug in under four years but we did. It looks like we walked around dribbling food and drink daily?

We didn't. At least... not that I ever saw. But the rug says pointedly, "Yes, you did!" in spots galore.

I can't explain these things. All I know is, we need new carpet and we're getting it today!!

One guy showed up to do the job. Suzy and Thom moved all but the heaviest furniture out of the room last night - two sofas, a 5-tiered CD shelving unit, and a hugh entertainment center remained.

For one guy.

He didn't even flinch! He had with him four plastic circles each the size of a cappuchino saucer and they made moving everything easy as pie. I was amazed!

Gots to get me a set of those!!!

Tom's spirit is here with us today. When Mike the Mover pulled the CD cabinet away from the wall - voila - there was an 8x12 picture of Tom laying on the rug!? I tell you honestly I've never seen this picture before in my life but there he is filling the foreground with a broad smile, his arms outstretched as if waiting for an embrace.

Made me smile.

And cry.

But, mostly, smile!!

The old carpet was a plush. That didn't work for us, obviously, so this time we went with a patterned berber. I have some hope we can do better NOT dribbling from here on out. But then... I am getting older and dribbling does seem to be a part of the aging process??

I'll do my best. That's all I can do, I cain't do no more!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the carpet is a victim of the week long gathering you had in honor of Tom as mentioned in your "The Final Farewell" blog? Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete