Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Naked Dick

I SAW DICK BERRY NAKED!

No, my eyes weren't burned out of my head, neither did the earth stand still but - and there's always that big but - once I got past the shock I was actually kind of glad it happened.

The encounter was entirely accidental. I stopped to see my infirm sister Toot and, not finding her in the regular position watching WebTV in the den, I called out a theatrical, "Hello," and started back to the bedroom seeking her out.

Usually Dick Berry isn't even HOME at the hour of 10:00AM since that is prime walk-time for him either in the hood or at the beach.

However, he heard my "Hello" and interpreted it as "Help", flung open the bathroom door and just as I hit the hallway there he was in his altogether!!

LOL.

He was expecting to see a collapsed Toot and instead found a wide-eyed ME!?

Too funny.

I turned heel and scooted to the bedroom with a weak, "Oh, hi Dick..." while he stepped quickly backwards shutting the door and saying, "Well, hello, Judith."

In truth, I wasn't as upset as I probably should have been because Dick Berry naked looked nearly identical to Tom Tuschak naked!! Seeing his body brought back a flood of remembrances, all good.

I apologized, of course, but only half-heartedly.

Dick? Thanks for the memories.

3 comments:

  1. Funny. It's not often that when you see a naked man that the quote"well hello Dick" acceptable is it? Or maybe it is LOL. I'm sure he was happy to help??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to see Dick as well, and Toot, in a few days (dressed of course).

    ReplyDelete