Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moving on...

Phew!

I made it to May 14!!

I was afraid I might fall down the rabbit hole or something on Tom's birthday but nothing happened. May 13th moved as all others do from minutes to hours to "Time's Up!" and on to the next day.

Slam, bam, thank you Ma'am.

It's a good lesson to remember - no matter how much you look forward to or dread a day it will always be that and nothing more: 24 hours with 60 minutes each. Period. Paragraph.

For myself, I moved through the hours relatively unencumbered with tears or sadness. I followed through on my promise to myself and I'm certain I did laugh more than I cried... although it probably would've been pretty close. By 8:00PM I figured I'd just put my head down on my pillow for a minute and three hours later I woke up!? Since 11:00 is my usual bedtime I decided, "What the heck?" rolled over and went right back to sleep.

That was probably cheating, calling it a day three hours earlier than usual, but I think it can be forgiven at least in Year One.

Thanks to all of you who thought of Tom and all of us who mourn.

It helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment