Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pipe Dreams

Anybody want to go on a cruise?

My passport arrived two days ago - I've never had one before - and I thought, "Well, I'll just go on a little cruise, I will."

Called the travel agency and, without a roomate it's twice as expensive!

Who knew??

There's always a catch, isn't there.... Before, I had a partner and no passport; now, I have a passport and no partner?!

Where's the fairness in THAT!??

A cruise has always been an 'out there' dream and I'm not sure why. Truth is, I'm terrible on boats and generally end up puking in my hat! Vomiting takes away a lot of the supposed "fun" as you can well imagine.

My dad had a nice boat when he retired in Bel Air Bluffs. He would bluster even way back then about how expensive it was to spend the day on the water. Or OFF the water - there always seemed to be SOMETHING that required another bucket of money to keep the boat happy?? That's why, on Judy's Big Wish List, owning a boat has always been dead last.

I'd really like to go to Europe. FLY to Europe, that is. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends living in Paris or Rome and I'm too old to hostel it so that's probably a pipe dream too. TWJ is on a budget, after all.

Guess I'll compromise and go to the beach on Siesta Key. It IS the reason so many people visit me here in Sarasota!! They'll deny that, naturally, but when I lived on the east side of Detroit did I have a lot of company?? No, I did not....

It's fun to dream about going to new places. Think I'll take a little nap right now
and see where I wind up.

Dreaming is free, right?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa, I DO NOT go down there for the beach - no way - and I HAVE been to Detroit to visit several times. Spoken like a true FO.

    PS you will not get sick on a cruise, the ship has stabilizers. Unless you hit a storm it will be more than fine, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Denial number one, as predicted!!

    ReplyDelete