Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Unbirthday

Today is Tom's unbirthday.

In the Big Book of Judy you don't get to add years after you're dead BUT the anniversary of your arrival on Earth can always be celebrated - ergo - the aforementioned "unbirthday" was born.

Both my 'away' daughters called from Michigan to say they and their children toasted Grampa this morning. Beckie and her boys clinked glasses of orange juice and chocolate milk; Amy and her three blew kisses toward heaven. I'm not sure if anyone sang the unbirthday song but I wouldn't be surprised if they had.

Me? I rolled over and went back to sleep because I was having a dream in which Tom was a major player. We were at a big family party/event and Tom was shucking a hugh box of corn on the cob. I offered to help but he was clearly having fun doing it himself while chatting with others so I left him to it and invited my sort of quasi-new boyfriend (whose name was NOT Stan but was, rather, Rob!?)to play cards which we did on top of a bed in immediate proximity to Tom. All of us seemed very happy and content.

(I can't explain these dream sequences... all I can do is report!?)

But I'm up now and have been for a couple hours. So far, so good. Sure, I puddled up over the clicking and kisses but I'm not bawling like a baby so I consider that a coup of sorts.

When I was so out-of-control weepy earlier this week I cancelled myself out of three engagements scheduled for today and tomorrow. It just made sense; giving myself some time and space to let this anniversary pass over-through-and-by me as it will seemed the better part of valor.

By Friday I'll be ready to re-join the world.

Hope it's ready for me??

No comments:

Post a Comment